Sunday, February 14, 2016

George




Book: George
Author: Alex Gino
Genre: Children's
(No spoilers)

I finished this book pretty recently. Honestly, I didn't realize it is a children's book. It was very good, though. The first three chapters put their talons in me, and I couldn't put it down until I was done. I actually wanted to re-read it, but I have a ton of books on my reading list and don't have the luxury of doing that right now.

George is moving because the narrator, a boy named George is so honest and raw. He is trying so hard to be a good person who is true to himself while preventing the people he loves most from emotional injury. Gino artfully tells the story, and I love how he put everything together at the end, moving things to good despite knowing George is going to have a tremendous uphill battle in his life.

It's an easy read if you don't dig, but I highly recommend giving George a few extra minutes to settle down and think about. Let it inspire you to look at things differently. Give yourself some time to look at any issue you're passionate about from another perspective. See if you can maybe work to resolve things peacefully or in a more loving manner. All people are different, all people want to be respected. How can we honor that while clinging to our own morals?

No comments:

Post a Comment