Saturday, February 20, 2016

All the Light We Cannot See


Title: All the Light We Cannot See
Author: Anthony Doerr
Genre: Fiction, World War II

I finally figured out why everyone's been talking about this book. Wow, is it fantastic! I loved every minute of it. There are two points of view we read this from: a German soldier's and a blind French girl's. Doerr handles the transitions flawlessly, moving you from one mindset to another, always cleverly weaving the story like Charlotte did her webs.

I especially loved Doerr's attention to details. It was so easy for me to picture the buildings, the cities, and the people themselves. The scent of the bakery and the sea of the coast of St. Malo drifted into my mind as though I was there. This was definitely a highly sensory book, and I loved it.

Enjoy this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment